Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How To Open First Worksheet By Default?

Hi,

I’ve 3 sheets in my excel workbook.

I want the first sheet to be opened by default when I open my excel
workbook

(As of now the last saved sheet in the excel workbook is opened by
default)

Could you please let me know how to achieve this?

TIA,

Regards,

Arif

--
Arif
Arif's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36972

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Arif wrote:
Hi,

I've 3 sheets in my excel workbook.

I want the first sheet to be opened by default when I open my excel
workbook

(As of now the last saved sheet in the excel workbook is opened by
default)

Could you please let me know how to achieve this?

TIA,

Regards,

Arif

Hi Arif

Press Alt+F11

Double-click ThisWorkbook and paste:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
mySheetCodeName.Activate
End Sub

Where mySheetCodeName is the Code name of the sheet you want activated
(e.g. in a default workbook "Sheet1" is Sheet1 and remains Sheet1 when
the you change the tab name of the sheet).

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Arif,

In ThisWorkbook under VBA project (accessed by pressing F11) for your
current sheet, copy and paste the following code:

Private Sub workbook_open()

Sheets("Sheet1").Select

End Sub

Where Sheet1 = the name of the sheet you would like the workbook to
open on

Note: You'll need macros enabled for this to work

--
Mike_D
Mike_D's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36969

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Arif,

There is no "last saved worksheet". When you save, you are saving the
workbook. So before you save, go to the First Sheet, place the cursor
somewhere and save. You will reopen the workbook with the First Sheet open.
No need for a VBA code.

Regrds,

Jaleel