Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zee Zee is offline

Default Sorting by Date, And SUM

I am in process of making an excel file for my costs.
The file contains: Date, Project, costs, discription. All of these are in a
"List" so for example i could look for only a certain project.

My question is:

1. How do i sort by date on the list. My date format is set to
"Day-Month-Year". But when i sort by date it only looks at the first numbers
which is the day, therefore not conidering month or year!

2. Under the costs colum, i have added a total costs (formula =SUM(D5:D15)).
This works fine until i use list to view only one projct. At this point the
cell will show the same value and if i want to get the total of one project i
have to do the formula again. Is there a way so this cell will always show
the SUM of the cell above it?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If dates are formatted as DATE they should sort correctly.

To get total for a project perhaps use:

=SUMIF(B:B,"=" & X1,C:C) where X1 contains project ID, Column B contains the
Project IDs and column C the costs

HTH