Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combine columns

Hello everyone, I have an excel problem please help me if you can.

I have ‘Apple’ in A1 and ‘Orange’ in B2

Looks like this in excel:

Apple(A1)
Orange(B2)

I need to move B2 ‘Orange’ to column A at the same row which is A2
while not remove ‘Apple’. A2 is empty space. Here is the result I
need:

Apple(A1)
Orange(A2)

I’m facing about 5000 row of this kind of data. Please let me know any
shortcut way to do this. Thank you very much!!

--
smash123
smash123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29974

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

smash123 wrote:
Hello everyone, I have an excel problem please help me if you can.

I have 'Apple' in A1 and 'Orange' in B2

Looks like this in excel:

Apple(A1)
Orange(B2)

I need to move B2 'Orange' to column A at the same row which is A2
while not remove 'Apple'. A2 is empty space. Here is the result I
need:

Apple(A1)
Orange(A2)

I'm facing about 5000 row of this kind of data. Please let me know any
shortcut way to do this. Thank you very much!!

--
smash123
smash123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29974
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566536

Hi,

One way would be to use the Paste Special option.
If you make a backup of your sheet first. If you have no other data in
column A and B then highlight column B and goto Edit - Copy. Now
Highlight column A and go to Edit - Paste Special and tjeck mark the
Skip Blanks Option and clik OK.

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If there is ALWAYS a blank cell in Column A where the corresponding B is
non-blank, then in a "helper" column:

=IF(A1<"",A1,B1) and copy down

If A1 is present, then put A1 in cell, otherwise put B1

If this is correct, then for the "helper" column, you can copy and paste
special values and then delete A & B if required.

HTH

"smash123" wrote:

Hello everyone, I have an excel problem please help me if you can.

I have €˜Apple in A1 and €˜Orange in B2

Looks like this in excel:

Apple(A1)
Orange(B2)

I need to move B2 €˜Orange to column A at the same row which is A2
while not remove €˜Apple. A2 is empty space. Here is the result I
need:

Apple(A1)
Orange(A2)

Im facing about 5000 row of this kind of data. Please let me know any
shortcut way to do this. Thank you very much!!

--
smash123
smash123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29974
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566536