Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting problems

Hi all,

Hoping that this will make some sense!!

I have a range of data that has a formula in the seventh column that
will produce a result of 1,2, or 3

What I need to do is sort all data based on this result.

Firstly I need to sort by this column.

Secondly, if the result is 1 then I want to sort data with this result
by surname (Column 2) and then first name (Column 1)

Thirdly, if the result is 2 then I want to sort by reference number
which is in column eight

I could work out how to do the seperate sorts ok, but I can't work out
how to do the multiple criteria sorts. Any ideas at all that might
help?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Carl