Jake

Default csv files

I'm having trouble converting bar codes with leading zeros into csv files
for use from Excel to Accpac. When files are saved as .csv files in Excel
it doesn't allow the leading zero formatting to be kept. Is there a method
to convert Excel files to .csv files and preserver the leading zeros?
thanks!

Myrna Larson

If you look at the CSV file in Notepad, you'll see the leading 0's ARE THERE.

If you are trying to check this by opening the file in Excel, what happens is
that Excel drops them. They have to be restored by formatting.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:28:52 -0500, "Jake" wrote:

I'm having trouble converting bar codes with leading zeros into csv files
for use from Excel to Accpac. When files are saved as .csv files in Excel
it doesn't allow the leading zero formatting to be kept. Is there a method
to convert Excel files to .csv files and preserver the leading zeros?
thanks!

David Biddulph

"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
If you look at the CSV file in Notepad, you'll see the leading 0's ARE

THERE.

If you are trying to check this by opening the file in Excel, what happens

is
that Excel drops them. They have to be restored by formatting.

.... or if you rename the .csv to .txt, then open that with the wizard and
specify the format of the column as text.
--
David Biddulph