Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format but referred from other cell

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select Col C and put this formula in Conditional formatting

=IF($B1="today",TRUE,FALSE)

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord Dibben: Conditional formatting using "Cell Value Is" and comparing
values in two cells does not work properly. On one row the formatting does
work and in the other it does not, using the same instructions but with
different cell references. My instructions to MS Excel are to see if the
selected cell is Greater Than or Equal to another cell in the same row, and
if so, to paint the cell blue. 'Any suggestions?

(316) 759 - 5647

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Douglas

FormatCFCell Value is: greater than or equal to............=cellref(note the
= sign)

Watch the cell references. Use Absolute or Relative depending upon what you
want to compare.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord Dibben: I stumbled upon the "=" trick myself the other day, but thanks
anyway. I thought that was the answer to my dilemma. However, it worked in
one cell and not in another. I wish I could attach the sample cells to show
you. It is kind of weird.

DOUG ECKERT

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Noob: How does this formula instruct MS Excel to compare the values in
one cell to another? I did modify your formula to read =((B2=A2)=TRUE). MS
Excel did not reject the formula, but it did not re-color the cell either.
'Frustrating, yes?

Thank you for responding.

DOUG ECKERT

(316) 759 - 5647

"VBA Noob" wrote:

Hi,

Select Col C and put this formula in Conditional formatting

=IF($B1="today",TRUE,FALSE)

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566168

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Send the workbook to my email with a description of what you want colored.

Change the DOT and AT to unmung my address.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord Dibben: I am sorry, but I do not see your address anywhere. (I
understand why you are not posting your email address here, but I do not
understand your instructions. If you do not mind contacting me by email so
that I might write back to you, my email address is
. I have a handy example ready to go).

Thank you.

DOUG ECKERT

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date
B:B has a formula e.g for B1 =if(A1=today(), "today", "")
B2 =if(A2=today(), "today", "") etc

C:C has some data

I would like to bold the data in cell C if the corresponding B is "today"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Done, but you realize all the email-bots now have your address.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select range of cells in column C to format.

FormatCFFormula is: =$B1="today"

FormatFontBold

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:41:03 +1000, "Lamb Chop" wrote:

How can do this:

A:A contain date