Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CTRL+SHIFT+END extends selection of cells to last - how reset?

I have been working on spreadheets with large amounts of data, that I have
manipulated and some of which I have deleted, when I want to select it all,
and press CTRL+SHIFT+END is goes row 14000 where the data originally ended
instead of 6000 where it ends now.
I wondered if there was anyway to reset what excel considers the last used
cell to be?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

LisaH wrote:
I have been working on spreadheets with large amounts of data, that I have
manipulated and some of which I have deleted, when I want to select it all,
and press CTRL+SHIFT+END is goes row 14000 where the data originally ended
instead of 6000 where it ends now.
I wondered if there was anyway to reset what excel considers the last used
cell to be?

Hi LisaH

Save the workbook, the used range will be re-calculated.

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select blanks cells. Go to Edit Clear all. Save workbook and should
clear area.

or select cells press F5. select blanks and then Edit clear all.

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

LisaH wrote:
Already tried that!

Then I suspect that you haven't actually got rid of all your data
and/or formatting, see VBANoob's suggestion.

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

LisaH wrote:
That didn't work either, thanks anyway.

Copy only your used range into a new sheet and delete the original.

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might have to close excel down but does work

VBA Noob