Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Forcing users to update spreadsheets

I run a main spreadsheet linked to 40 individual spreadsheets used by
others. I would like to force users to update their spreadsheet when
opening. How could this be best done? I was hoping there may be a way
for drop down lists in the 40 spreadsheets to remain empty unless they
update. Can this be done? or is there a better way?

--
DKerr
DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13087

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes but I find staff tend to click no to open the spreadsheet quicker, I
wanted a to guarantee the updating of spreadsheets everytime it is
open.

Can a macro be written to automaticall choose yes?