Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Menus options are grayed out in Excel 2003

I'm having trouble with several of my menu options being grayed out in Excel
2003. When I have a blank workbook option, several options are not available
to me: options, security, protection, macros, formula auditing, inserting
rows, columns, pictures, etc. However, if I sign into my husband's user
account, those options are all available to me. My profile is assigned as an
administrator, so I should have full accesss. The odd thing is that this is
only doing this in Excel and no other office programs.

My company gives us Excel docs with macros to report our financials. My main
frustration is that I don't have the option to change my security levels to
enable macros under my profile using Excel. I have the option to enable
macros under my husband's profile when I sign into his.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the workbook is shared then some of the menu items will be grayed
out. You have to unshare the workbook and then you will have full
functionality.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565359

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The workbook is not shared and I'm having this problem on every single file
that I open with Excel, not just one. If I just open a blank workbook, I
still do not have the ability to use about four menu options under each main
menu.

But I don't have this problem under my husband's profile.