Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Probably and Easy one

Hi Guys/Gals,

Im trying to link 2 cells from 2 diffrent worksheets but it doesnt seem
to work. I either get a 0 or #VALUE.

My Spreadsheet has 5 Worksheets (League Table, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3,
Week 4). Im trying to do 2 different things.

1. Fields to contain the same Name so when its changed on one will
change on the other.
2. Add up things from different cells from diff worksheets

The code im using is

1.
Code:
--------------------
='League Table'!B23:C23
--------------------

2.
Code:
--------------------
='Week 1'!I7:I8+'Week 2'!H19:H20+'Week 3'!H19:H20+'Week 4'!H10:H11
--------------------

Please please please help me

--
kusky
kusky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36816

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

kusky wrote:
Hi Guys/Gals,

Im trying to link 2 cells from 2 diffrent worksheets but it doesnt seem
to work. I either get a 0 or #VALUE.

My Spreadsheet has 5 Worksheets (League Table, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3,
Week 4). Im trying to do 2 different things.

1. Fields to contain the same Name so when its changed on one will
change on the other.
2. Add up things from different cells from diff worksheets

The code im using is

1.
Code:
--------------------
='League Table'!B23:C23
--------------------

2.
Code:
--------------------
='Week 1'!I7:I8+'Week 2'!H19:H20+'Week 3'!H19:H20+'Week 4'!H10:H11
--------------------

Hi kusky

1 If you're not performing calculations, one cell will only reference
one other cell so ='League Table'!B23 is as far as you'll get, copy it
down or across to reference other cells relative to it.

2 You need to be more explicit for Excel to understand what you want,
try:

=SUM('week 1'!I7:I8)+SUM('week 2'!H19:H20)+SUM('week
3'!H19:H20)+SUM('week 4'!H10:H11)

OR

If you can layout the cells to be summed in the same range on each
sheet, try:

=SUM('week 1:week 4'!I7:I8)

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kusky

As for as for your code 1

You can not link 2 cell into 1 cell. If you wish to do so you need to
concatenate the 2 cell. In your example if d23 is available I would
use this function =CONCATENATE(B23," ",C23) and then I would use were
needed(any sheet) the following code ='League Table'!D23.

I will look at the following code and will get back to you

Denis

--
jetted
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17532

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's because you are doing addition with text, it might be something simple
as "" for a blank cell is you have formula, however no need to use the plus
signs, you can use sum and with comma instead of plus signs, that will
ignore text.

=SUM('Week 1'!I7:I8,'Week 2'!H19:H20, and so on

You might want to check and remove any text if you think that you shouldn't
have any text there, you can use

=ISTEXT(H19)

in each sheet. then copy down and if you get TRUE it is text

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

[...]