Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Greatest difference between a consecutive range of dates

Hi,

I have several lists of dates with associated info, I am trying to work out
if there is a simple function or way of calculating the largest interval
between them.
i.e

sept 04
jan 05
feb 05
may 05
dec 06

Obviously the longest period is may 05 to dec 06 and is 19 months

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hugo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

assuming tyou have true dates in A1:A10 and you want to find the maximum
gap in whole months

=MAX(DATEDIF(A1:A9,A2:A10,"m"))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Hygsie,

use an auxiliar column to calc the difference between data and a conditional
format to see the largest

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Hugsie Bear" escreveu:

Hi,

I have several lists of dates with associated info, I am trying to work out
if there is a simple function or way of calculating the largest interval
between them.
i.e

sept 04
jan 05
feb 05
may 05
dec 06

Obviously the longest period is may 05 to dec 06 and is 19 months

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hugo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not do a simple subtraction to get a column of differences between
adjacent dates and then use the MAX function to give you the largest of
them?

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565149