Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing (deleting, filtering) lines in a pattern . . .

Problem . . . File is imported. Only certain lines are needed. The data is
these 3 coluimns, 6 rows, repeated numerous times. (Column B is various text)

A B C
1 TE | |0.055
2 LE | |0.094
3 X | |.559
4 Y | |0.749
5 Z | |0.987
6 L | |0.296

What I need to do is show only this . . . (No X, Y or Z)

A B C
1 TE | |0.055
2 LE | |0.094
3 L | |0.296

Preferably . . . even better would be if all I got was this . . .

A B C
1 0.055
2 0.094
3 0.296

So I need to delete (or filter out, but a filter has already been run) all
rows with X, Y or Z in the 1st column.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please try "text to column" wizard from Date menu to export data in to
excel. I hope it will work.
Thanks,
Abu Zafar

--
azafar
azafar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36804

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
feature that will do as you wish...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Wayne Knazek" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could apply data|filter|autofilter to that first column.

Show the rows with X and delete them. Show the rows with Y and delete them.
And do the same with Z.

Wayne Knazek wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hey, Dave, that'sd exactly what I want to do. But I can't seem to figure out
how.

I already set up and ran one filter on all the data. That now leaves me
with the rows I showed in earlier post. When I try to set up another filter
for column A, it negates or deletes the filter I had in column D. (D is a
helper column)

Wayne Knazek wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You only get one data|filter|autofilter per worksheet--but you can include as
many columns as you want.

So either include all the columns (or just A:D) or remove the filter from D,
filter A, do the work, remove the filter from A and reapply it to D.

I'd filter on all the columns in the range. If I only ever use one of the
columns, it doesn't bother me.

Wayne Knazek wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got it! Yazza. Makes total sense now.

Thanks TONS!

I'm gonna write a macro now to make it easier for the operators. Thanks
again!