Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return a value that falls within a defined range

I am sure this is simple but what formula can I use to return a value within
a range of numbers. Here is specifically what I am trying to do: If a cell
contains the number 1 through 5 the value returned is 1.00, if the same cell
contains the value 6 through 10 the value returned is .875 etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

=IF(AND(A10,A1<=5),1,IF(AND(A15,A1<=10),0.875,"" ))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Suzieq" wrote:

I am sure this is simple but what formula can I use to return a value within
a range of numbers. Here is specifically what I am trying to do: If a cell
contains the number 1 through 5 the value returned is 1.00, if the same cell
contains the value 6 through 10 the value returned is .875 etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suzieq wrote:
I am sure this is simple but what formula can I use to return a value within
a range of numbers. Here is specifically what I am trying to do: If a cell
contains the number 1 through 5 the value returned is 1.00, if the same cell
contains the value 6 through 10 the value returned is .875 etc.

Another solution is to use a vlookup table:

1 1.00
6 .875
11 etc
etc.

Be sure to set the 4th parameter of the vlookup function as TRUE.