Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting decmials to factions

Hello I am have trouble with my bill of materials it imports a decmial into
Excel like this .750 in. I have formated the colum to change to factions but
I must go to each individual cell and take the " in. " out to convert to
fractions and i have 3 colums so is this possible to format a colum like
this? Any help would be greatly appreciated~!!!!! Brett
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

use the find and replace command (Edit-Replace) with " in. " in the find
section and nothing in replace section (leave it blank). You will then have
to copy a blank cell and paste special (right click) selecting add.

"Brett" wrote:

Hello I am have trouble with my bill of materials it imports a decmial into
Excel like this .750 in. I have formated the colum to change to factions but
I must go to each individual cell and take the " in. " out to convert to
fractions and i have 3 colums so is this possible to format a colum like
this? Any help would be greatly appreciated~!!!!! Brett

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Sloth with your help i got it. I when to The tool bar and and hit
Edit Find and there I entered "in" but I could not leave replace blank so I
added 0 with no space wich made the number like this 0.7500 which then the
formatting could do its job to convert to fractions. neat feature. Brett