Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change column data based on dynamic (rolling) dates?

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet that is a 2 year rolling forecast.
The raw data is either imported or manually entered into separate
worksheets. I then take this data and summarise in another worksheet.
The problem I have is that the forecast summary worksheet is static & I
need it to be dynamic.

For example,

Month: Jan Feb Mar Apr May
Sales: 50 75 80 85 90

As the month changes then the rolling forecast should look like:

Month: Feb Mar Apr May Jun
Sales: 75 80 85 90 100
and so on ......

I can get the month value to dynamically change when the month changes,
but I cannot get the data in the columns to alter in line with the
month.

Does anyone know how I can tie the summarised data to the rolling
month?

FB

--
fergusbell
fergusbell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36704

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

write a macro to either hide or delete the month gone.
cells(row,col).entirecolumn.delete

then insert the next month at the end of the period by using fill.

It should be easy enough to record this if you're not experienced with
coding.

--
MattShoreson
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3472