Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Generate charts with HMTL

Hi everyone.

I'm creating a HTML file with excel formulas, it works very well, even
colors and font types.
But I want to add a pie chart to my sheet and I didn't find anything
about it. ¿there is possible to add a formula to generate a chart?

I've seen a SERIES formula when I click over the pie, but it doesn't
work when I type it in the cell.

--
azuluaga
azuluaga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36713

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you making a web page that mimics a worksheet? It might show the
formulas in an HTML table, but certainly not the calculations. In order for
a SERIES formula to work, it must be part of a chart, which is created using
the chart wizard. HTML has no ability to create a chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"azuluaga" wrote in
message ...

Hi everyone.

I'm creating a HTML file with excel formulas, it works very well, even
colors and font types.
But I want to add a pie chart to my sheet and I didn't find anything
about it. ¿there is possible to add a formula to generate a chart?

I've seen a SERIES formula when I click over the pie, but it doesn't
work when I type it in the cell.

--
azuluaga

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I'm making a web page, but is just to open it with excel.
I'm doing this cause I found that the fastest and tiny solution to
create a excel file from another aplication is writing text files in
html.
I'm a Java Programmer for server side apps and libraries for create
excel files (like POI) are so slow and the server gets down with just a
few calls for this process; so, we're trying to make it by generating
text files with HTML and formulas within a cell.
I think we're going to change this option because of the charts, we
really need them and we're using Excel 2000.

Regards.

--
azuluaga
azuluaga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36713
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564453

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, I've just learned something. In Excel, you can save a file in HTML
format, and it saves more than just the table of data. There are a bunch of
custom tags that define a chart, its formatting, and its data. Presumably a
regular browser just ignores these tags as gibberish, but Excel uses them to
recreate the charts. (I did this in Excel 2003, but presumably Excel 2000
had at least some rudimentary save as HTML capability.)

Why not make an Excel workbook in Excel, with whatever data and charts are
necessary to serve as a template for all of your custom workbooks. Save this
as an HTML file, then look at the saved file to see what tags you need to
use, and how to populate them.

- Jon
-------
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jon.
Yes!, I tried by generating a basic excel pie chart and saving it as
HTML.
To show the page it creates a jpeg graph, but I found some XML hidden
by comments.
I think this could be the solution!!.

Thanks again.