-   -   cannot copy newly created files to backup, all existing ok (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100998-cannot-copy-newly-created-files-backup-all-existing-ok.html)

NBaum

cannot copy newly created files to backup, all existing ok

I have copied my file full of excel spreadsheets for months to a 1G memory
stick. Suddenly, I create a new file and it will not copy it to the
stick.... message I get when it comes to this file: Cannot copy
AAlison2006.xls:The directory or file cannot be created What does this
mean and how do I fix it so I can get it backed up with all my other files in
that folder?

bigwheel

cannot copy newly created files to backup, all existing ok

Sounds like the memory stick may be full, you have checked that though, I
expect?

"NBaum" wrote:

I have copied my file full of excel spreadsheets for months to a 1G memory
stick. Suddenly, I create a new file and it will not copy it to the
stick.... message I get when it comes to this file: Cannot copy
AAlison2006.xls:The directory or file cannot be created What does this
mean and how do I fix it so I can get it backed up with all my other files in
that folder?

NBaum

cannot copy newly created files to backup, all existing ok

Yes, have checked and it still has lots of unused memory. Thanks

"NBaum" wrote:

I have copied my file full of excel spreadsheets for months to a 1G memory
stick. Suddenly, I create a new file and it will not copy it to the
stick.... message I get when it comes to this file: Cannot copy
AAlison2006.xls:The directory or file cannot be created What does this
mean and how do I fix it so I can get it backed up with all my other files in
that folder?

Mark Lincoln

cannot copy newly created files to backup, all existing ok

Rename the file, then try copying it.

I also wonder if the memory stick is flawed. Can you copy any other
new files to it?