Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Putting In Coma's Need Major Help

Hey Guys

Its Sunday 7:44 am est and i have a forum i need to finish today but am
a total Newb at Excel. This will be an easy question for all of you i am
sure

columm A on my sheet has names in it that goes about 57 lines deep. Is
there a way to highlight the columm and put a coma to seperate it from
columm b with just one click of a button instead of going person by
person and doing it?

--
ninjashadow80
ninjashadow80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36662

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

please help me this has to be a easy question for most of you

--
ninjashadow80
ninjashadow80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36662
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ninjashadow80 Wrote:
would help if i didnt spell comma as coma

columm A on my sheet has names in it that goes about 57 lines deep. Is
there a way to highlight the columm and put a comma to seperate it from
columm b with just one click of a button instead of going person by
person and doing it?

you could insert a new column for your commas

or use a formula such as =A1&", "&B1

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Putting In Coma's Need Major Help - Using Text To Columns?!?

the easiest way to separate all the names would be to use "text to columns"
under the "Data" menu. This allows you to convert each name into a separate
column in an extremely fast manner.

First ensure you have plenty of spare columns. If you have any doubts copy
the column you wish to split to a brand new blank spreadsheet.

with the data highlighted
--Click on "Data" in the menu bar
--Click on "Text to columns"
--Select the option most appropriate (if the names are the same length then
you could use fixed width: however I suspect you will need to use a "space"
so choose the first option) probably "Delimited"
--Click on Next
--remove the tick from "Tab" and click inside the "Space" tick box
--as you do this you should see an example of how your data will now appear
in separate columns, click on Next
--If you need to format any of the data for anything other than text use
this screen to select the column and the option in the top right corner to
change the format.
-- you are now ready to click on " Finish"
You should now have all your data displayed in separate columns

Hope this is helpful and what you wanted to happen!!
Wendy
:)

Hey Guys

Its Sunday 7:44 am est and i have a forum i need to finish today but am
a total Newb at Excel. This will be an easy question for all of you i am
sure

columm A on my sheet has names in it that goes about 57 lines deep. Is
there a way to highlight the columm and put a coma to seperate it from
columm b with just one click of a button instead of going person by
person and doing it?

--
ninjashadow80
ninjashadow80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36662
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure that I understand the problem. If the names are like "John
Smith" and you want "John,Smith" instead Substitute will do the trick. e.g
set up a new column =SUBSTITUTE(C1," ",",",1).

David F. Cox
"Wendy FP" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No forget nams its basically i have things in columms A thru E. I need
each columm seperated by question marks

--
ninjashadow80
ninjashadow80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36662