Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Desire Sum to add visible figures rather than underlying decimals

I have a column of decimals which, through formating, I ask that only the
whole number be visible. The "Sum" function is adding the underlying
decimals rather than the visible whole numbers. ie; 2.4 + 2.4 = 4.8 (rounded
to 5) however I would like 2.4 (rounded to 2) + 2.4 (rounded to 2) to equal
4. How do I make that happen?
Thanks for any input
--
Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i think you need to do it as an array formula
=SUM(INT(A1:A2))
when you're done typing your formula instead of pressing enter press
ctrl-shift-enter. it'll add some curly brackets
{=SUM(INT(A1:A2))}

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

For values in A1:A10

This formula rounds each value to zero decimal places and sums them:
=SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(A1:A10,0))

Consequently, if each cell in A1:A10 contains 2.4
that formula will return 20. Where the SUM would be 24
Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Jerry" wrote:

I have a column of decimals which, through formating, I ask that only the
whole number be visible. The "Sum" function is adding the underlying
decimals rather than the visible whole numbers. ie; 2.4 + 2.4 = 4.8 (rounded
to 5) however I would like 2.4 (rounded to 2) + 2.4 (rounded to 2) to equal
4. How do I make that happen?
Thanks for any input
--
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=sum(int(your-range)), entered as array formula, ie use
Ctrl-Shift-Enter

Regards
Mike

--