Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replace cell value with cell answer

I need to have a collum A1 equaling the sum of collum B1 and C1. When I have
the answer in A1 and I type new value in B1 or C1, A1 must increase its value
by the number added. eg, B1 20 C1 30 A1 50. Now I change B1 to 30 and A1
gives me 80. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Flying_Dutcman

Only with VBA code ( change event )

Copy this event in the sheet module in a test workbook

If Target.Column = 2 Or Target.Column = 3 Then
Cells(Target.Row, 1).Value = Cells(Target.Row, 1).Value + Target.Value

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Flying_Dutcman" wrote in message
I need to have a collum A1 equaling the sum of collum B1 and C1. When I have
the answer in A1 and I type new value in B1 or C1, A1 must increase its value
by the number added. eg, B1 20 C1 30 A1 50. Now I change B1 to 30 and A1
gives me 80. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Flying_Dutcman" wrote in message
I need to have a collum A1 equaling the sum of collum B1 and C1. When I
have
the answer in A1 and I type new value in B1 or C1, A1 must increase its
value
by the number added. eg, B1 20 C1 30 A1 50. Now I change B1 to 30 and A1
gives me 80. Can this be done?

I'm not sure what you are saying. What formula have you in A1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Flying_Dutcman" wrote in message

"Gordon" wrote:

"Flying_Dutcman" wrote in
message
I need to have a collum A1 equaling the sum of collum B1 and C1. When I
have
the answer in A1 and I type new value in B1 or C1, A1 must increase its
value
by the number added. eg, B1 20 C1 30 A1 50. Now I change B1 to 30 and
A1
gives me 80. Can this be done?

I'm not sure what you are saying. What formula have you in A1?

=(b1+c1)

No, because 30 + 30 does NOT = 80. Why should you want to show that 30 + 30
= 80? If you want to do that, then you need to ADD 30 to cell B1 so that
cell B1 reads "20 + 30".