Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy same formula

Hi,
I've got numbers in columns A & B. Let's say cells in column C contain
simple formulas =A1*B1, etc. How do I make a copy of cells in column D
from column C with the same formulas i.e. =A1*B1, etc.? In other words I
want to leave original formulas in column C and have the same in column
D.

Perhaps, it's simple. Just can't get the right thing by doing a simple
copy operation.

TIA

--
littleps
littleps's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25482

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Might be easiest to enter =A1*B1 in D1 and double-click on the fill handle of D1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:58:31 -0400, littleps
wrote:

Hi,
I've got numbers in columns A & B. Let's say cells in column C contain
simple formulas =A1*B1, etc. How do I make a copy of cells in column D
from column C with the same formulas i.e. =A1*B1, etc.? In other words I
want to leave original formulas in column C and have the same in column
D.

Perhaps, it's simple. Just can't get the right thing by doing a simple
copy operation.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

What if formulas in Column C are mixture of referenced cells from
various sheets? Can't do type everything manually, or cell by cell
copying cell contents...

Tks.

--
littleps
littleps's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25482
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563537

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In that case I would select column C range of formulas and EditReplace.

What: =

With: XXXX

Replace all.

Copy Column C to Column D then reverse the EditReplace process with both
columns selected.

Gord