Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting number values

Hi,

I have a spread sheet in Excel 2003 that has a large number of rows that
have values such as 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, 5.6, etc: random numbers. Is there a way
to convert the numbers to represent for example 1.4 million written out
1,400,000? Now the values were orginally entered as say 1.4, but it was
understood by people to represent 1.4 million but not mathematically on the
spread sheet.

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated since there are a large
amount opf entries like this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Enter a million in a blank cell. Copy that cell. Select your numeric cells,
go menu Edit Paste Special, select Multiply and OK.

Or just transfer a million to me, Oslo Norway, and I'll do it for you <g

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"mauro" skrev i melding