Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default General Question

In Excel 2003, is there a way that you are able to password protect it right
from when you try to open the document? As of right now, I know how to
protect it, but you are able to get into it, so is there a way that you can
password protect it right from opening it?

Thanks

Jared Jenner
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jared Jenner" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, is there a way that you are able to password protect it
right
from when you try to open the document? As of right now, I know how to
protect it, but you are able to get into it, so is there a way that you
can
password protect it right from opening it?

Not QUITE sure what you mean, but if you have a document, and click on "Save
As", then on tools in the dialog box, you can then set a password on the
entire document.

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

go to file-save as
there's a tool button at the top right, choose general options where
you can set the password to open, to modify.

be careful, this password is much more secure than a worksheet password
and if you lose it can cause some problems

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330