Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link to cell shows 0 value

I have a workbook that is used for vacation time. I have a sheet for
each month and on each of these sheets in column A is linked to the
main sheet where employee names are entered.

If a name is entered then it gets carried to all the other sheets, if
there is no name entered, the following sheets show a zero for the data
entered. Is there a way so that I can not have the zero showing on the
sheets and still have the link?

Thank You

--
tanyhart
tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35148

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Figured it out

Tools Options take checkmark out of 'Zero Values'

So simple, yet annoying

--
tanyhart
tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35148
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563331

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(sheet1!a2="","",name)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"tanyhart" escreveu:

I have a workbook that is used for vacation time. I have a sheet for
each month and on each of these sheets in column A is linked to the
main sheet where employee names are entered.

If a name is entered then it gets carried to all the other sheets, if
there is no name entered, the following sheets show a zero for the data
entered. Is there a way so that I can not have the zero showing on the
sheets and still have the link?

Thank You

--
tanyhart
tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35148
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563331

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One option is use conditional formating, in the format menu, and create a
condition to use white ink if the value of the cell is 0

Hope this helps,
Miguel.