Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup

I am trying to use the look up function and not succeeding!! What I need is
when a percentage between 0 to 39 is in a specific cell I need the cell next
to it to look at a group of cells in another area and pull the corresponding
cell. I hope this makes sense!!!
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Reen" wrote in message
I am trying to use the look up function and not succeeding!! What I need
is
when a percentage between 0 to 39 is in a specific cell I need the cell
next
to it to look at a group of cells in another area and pull the
corresponding
cell. I hope this makes sense!!!
Thanks

You need to combine an IF statement with a LOOKUP statement as in:
In B1 type IF(0<A139,LOOKUP(function here),"")
Or similar - I'm a bit rusty!

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Your post does not contain enough information to give a specific solution,
but you might consider something like this....

=VLOOKUP(A1,G1:H10,2,FALSE)

This will lookup the value in cell A1 in the range G1:G10, and return the
adjacent value in column H if it finds a match. The cell and ranges can be
adjusted to suit your requirements.

If you need more help, then please post back with more details..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3