Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default keyword search

I have a column with a keyword at each row. Now I want to check, row for
row, if any of these keywords occurs in another column.

Ex:
KEYWORDS
test
alpha

COLUMN A[/b] | [b]COLUMN B
Row tow bow | FALSE
Pest test best | TRUE
Alpha beta gamma | TRUE
xor or and | FALSE

Thanks in advance!

--
Doman
Doman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36271

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try using the "FIND" function. It allows you to find text within a cell
with text.

If the text is not found it returns a #Value.

Then use the "ISERR" function to determine if you have a match.

You may need to use more than one column to get the result you want.

Hope this helps.

Frank

--
fcastrofilippo
fcastrofilippo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36542

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem is that FIND only uses one word of my keywords as a
reference. I want i to go through all my keywords that are listed at
once without having to use a column per keyword.