Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I freeze different rows? Can anyone help?

Hi Everyone, My excel skills are basic so hopefully you'll understand
what I want to do... I have created a sheet with headers/titles at the
top of the columns on a sheet and at the bottom of the sheet (all on
one page) are the totals. I wish to freeze the top 4 rows so they dont
move and the bottom 3 rows so when you use the scroll bar only the
middle part of the sheet moves. This is so you can see the headers for
each column and the totals at the bottom of the screen at all times. Is
this even possible? Hope someone understands what I mean. I have tried
using the freeze pane function but it seems I can only freeze either the
top or the bottom not both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Grant

--
starlet
starlet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36569

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Could you move the totals to the top of the screen above headings and
then just select the 4 row and use Windows Freeze Panes or Split
Panes

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your suggestion. I have given that a go and it just looks
way too busy with headers and totals all at the top of the sheet. I'll
keep workin on i guess..

Cheers

Grant

--
starlet
starlet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563144

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI Grant,

This isn't exactly what you want but have a look & see if "watch
window" exists in your version of Excel (I'm using 2002) under View -
Toolbars - Watch Window.

This can be moved around the screen & means the value of the "watched"
cell/cells is always visible.

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your help but it doesnt really look that great and doesnt
show the headers etc when you use this function.

Cheers

starlet
starlet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563144

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,

You're right, it's not the prettiest layout but if used in conjunction
with freezing the header rows it should be functional & will allow you
to see both...