Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return Data from Specified Cell Series

I have data in a series of cells such as B10; B23; B36; B49; (every 13th row
through B2090) and correlating data in cells I19; I32; I45; I58 (every 13th
row through I2103).

I want to copy the cell contents to a new worksheet in the same workbook
where A10 would transfer to A2 on the new worksheet; I19 would transfer to
B2; A23 to A3; I32 to B3; etc. I know this can be done one at a time with
Paste Special or just copy and paste. I want to have a formula that I can
replicate down each column that will return the correct data.

Help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way ..

Assume source data as posted is in Sheet1

In say, Sheet2,

Place
In A2: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$10,ROW(A1)*13-13,)
In B2: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$I$19,ROW(A1)*13-13,)
Select A2:B2, copy down 160 rows or until zeros appear,
signalling exhaustion of data

Then freeze the values by selecting cols A & B, do an in-place: copy paste
special Check "Values" OK
--
Max
Singapore
"Cheri" wrote:
I have data in a series of cells such as B10; B23; B36; B49; (every 13th row
through B2090) and correlating data in cells I19; I32; I45; I58 (every 13th
row through I2103).

I want to copy the cell contents to a new worksheet in the same workbook
where A10 would transfer to A2 on the new worksheet; I19 would transfer to
B2; A23 to A3; I32 to B3; etc. I know this can be done one at a time with
Paste Special or just copy and paste. I want to have a formula that I can
replicate down each column that will return the correct data.

Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Great it worked out fine, Cheri !