Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Action in Outlook causes 100% CPU in Excel

Hello,

I occasionally run into a weird problem, where an action in one Office
application affects another seemingly unrelated Office application. It
happened twice today.

I had a very large Excel spreadsheet open (around 100 MB - so my computer was
already under some duress). In Outlook, I clicked on Forward to forward a
small message. Upon so doing, Excel immediately went to 100% CPU and both
Excel and Outlook hung. I gave it a lot of time to see if it would fix itself,
but it didn't. I eventually killed the Outlook process, but Excel still used
100% CPU. I then had to kill the Excel process.

I restarted both applications and (stupidly) did the same thing again - by
clicking Forward on the Outlook message. Excel immediately went to 100% CPU
and both Excel and Outlook hung. I then killed the Excel process and then
Outlook came back to life.

I have had this happen before where Office applications seem to "hang" in
unison. Often the hanging is just temporary.

Does anyone know why doing a small task in Outlook could impact my Excel?

Thanks,
Shawn
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy