Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average formula

Hi people
need a formula that will give the average of the highest 4 numbers in a
row of 10 to 12 cells. Hope that explains my prob.
First post here and hope to learn plenty
Thanx
:)

--
ferg
ferg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36519

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Hope below mentioned function will solve your problem.

=AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A15,1),LARGE(A1:A15,2),LARGE(A1: A15,3),LARGE(A1:A15,4))

With Regards
Rafeek

"ferg" wrote:

Hi people
need a formula that will give the average of the highest 4 numbers in a
row of 10 to 12 cells. Hope that explains my prob.
First post here and hope to learn plenty
Thanx
:)

--
ferg
ferg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36519
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562810

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"ferg" skrev i en
meddelelse ...

Hi people
need a formula that will give the average of the highest 4 numbers in a
row of 10 to 12 cells. Hope that explains my prob.
First post here and hope to learn plenty
Thanx
:)

--
ferg

Hi Ferg

One way:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(C3:L3,{1,2,3,4}))

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
b&s b&s is offline

Muhammed Rafeek M wrote:
Hi
Hope below mentioned function will solve your problem.

=AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A15,1),LARGE(A1:A15,2),LARGE(A1: A15,3),LARGE(A1:A15,4))

With Regards
Rafeek

.... Just an alternative:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A15,{1;2;3;4}))

--
regards/pozdrav!
Berislav

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanx Rafeek & Leo both formulas work
Now can i put IF in formula so i dont get #num with less than 4 nums
In other words i dont want a calculation ( blank cell) unless there is
4 nums plus
Thanx;)

--
ferg
ferg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36519
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562810

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"ferg" skrev i en
meddelelse ...

Thanx Rafeek & Leo both formulas work
Now can i put IF in formula so i dont get #num with less than 4 nums
In other words i dont want a calculation ( blank cell) unless there is
4 nums plus
Thanx;)

You're welcome, Ferg :-)

Regards