Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I chart instances of words/etc in excel?

What I'd like to do is find a way to chart certain instances of words in my
excel spreadsheet. For example, I have a simple spreadsheet set up that I
use to track basic flight information such as dates, duration, destinations,
etc. For destinations, I enter ICAO identifiers like KDFW for Dallas Ft
Worth Airport. What I'd like to do is chart how many total times the
instance of KDFW is entered alongside say, KMEM, or KBOS. All I'm looking
for is a simple bar graph. Any ideas on how to easily do this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
330mantx said:

What I'd like to do is find a way to chart certain instances of words in my
excel spreadsheet. For example, I have a simple spreadsheet set up that I
use to track basic flight information such as dates, duration, destinations,
etc. For destinations, I enter ICAO identifiers like KDFW for Dallas Ft
Worth Airport. What I'd like to do is chart how many total times the
instance of KDFW is entered alongside say, KMEM, or KBOS. All I'm looking
for is a simple bar graph.

It's not really a charting question, is it? Have you asked in
excel.misc? Once you've got your data, you should be able to chart it
using the standard bar chart type.

--
Del Cotter