Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JFAIRBUS

Default Weekly scale on Y axis

Hi!

I'm trying to create a chart that includes a weekly scale on both X & Y
axis.

The format required is as follow: YYwkWW - i.e. 06wk52.

My issue is that after 06wk52, the 07wk01 corresponding value is shown
on level 01 of the y axis (cells are formatted to respond to format
requirements), or there is a gap of 48 between 06wk52 and 07wk01 if a
calculation is applied.

Anyone seen this before???

Cheers for your help!!!

JF

--
JFAIRBUS
JFAIRBUS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35932

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

YYwkWW only gives me 06wkWW or 07wkWW. The only way to get 06wk52 or 07wk01
is to generate strings, which have no numerical value, and cannot be plotted
along a value axis. I would suggest keeping the data as dates, and construct
X and Y axes using the technique described he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP