Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default scatered charts

How could I use a scatered chart so that it funsction as a linear chart
connectingpoints of the series while it still allowes me to use the numerical
scale to change the minimum and maximum values, and ranges, etc.
On the same topic, if this is possible how do i also add the possibility to
create a secondary y axes while still having the ability to show one y axis
with bars and the second with lines.

thanks,
please reply to
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

In A1 type X, in B1 type y1 and in C1 type y2
In A2:A10 enter the numbers 1,2,3,4....
In B2 enter the formula =2*A2+6 and copy down to B10 (the quickest way is to
double click B2's fill handle - the small black square in lower right corner
of the active cell)
In C2 enter =20*A2+5 and copy down to C10

Select A1:C10; click on the Chart Wizard; select XY type chart and for a
subtype use one with lines and markers
In chart, double click the line for Y2 and in the Format Data Series dialog,
open the Axis tab and click on Secondary Axis.

If you want to lean to use Excel may I suggest a book such as Excel for
Dummies
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme