Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Khoshravan

Default symbol font in chart doesn't appear

I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and then make a chart
based on them but in chart they don not appear as symbol font. They are read
"a", "b". How can I solve to read greece alphabets in charts?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

The chart does not automatically pick up the font attributes from the
cells. So you will have to apply the formatting yourself. Double click
the axis and via the Font tab of the Format dialog set the Font to Symbol.

Cheers
Andy

Khoshravan wrote:
I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and then make a chart
based on them but in chart they don not appear as symbol font. They are read
"a", "b". How can I solve to read greece alphabets in charts?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Andy wrote on Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:39:19 +0100:

AP The chart does not automatically pick up the font
AP attributes from the cells. So you will have to apply the
AP formatting yourself. Double click the axis and via the Font
AP tab of the Format dialog set the Font to Symbol.

AP Cheers
AP Andy

AP Khoshravan wrote:
?? I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and
?? then make a chart based on them but in chart they don not
?? appear as symbol font. They are read "a", "b". How can I
?? solve to read greece alphabets in charts?

I'm not quite sure what is meant here since I did the experiment
of changing a series column heading on the spread sheet to a set
of Greek letters using Arial Unicode Hex Symbols. They appeared
in the chart legend for an XY plot without problems. Is the
problem that Symbol Font does not have Unicode symbols?

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Khoshravan

I thought the only way to produce Greek letters is Symbol font, but it seasm
that you have produced them by "Arial Unicode Hex Symbols". Hum let me try
it.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

AP Khoshravan wrote:
?? I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and
?? then make a chart based on them but in chart they don not
?? appear as symbol font. They are read "a", "b". How can I
?? solve to read greece alphabets in charts?

I'm not quite sure what is meant here since I did the experiment
of changing a series column heading on the spread sheet to a set
of Greek letters using Arial Unicode Hex Symbols. They appeared
in the chart legend for an XY plot without problems. Is the
problem that Symbol Font does not have Unicode symbols?

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Khoshravan

I don't have the font you mentioned. Also my next problem will be that I use
both English and Greece letteres in one cell (Dead Load (Alpha), Live Load
(Betha) ).
I think James solution ,ight be better.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

AP Khoshravan wrote:
?? I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and
?? then make a chart based on them but in chart they don not
?? appear as symbol font. They are read "a", "b". How can I
?? solve to read greece alphabets in charts?

I'm not quite sure what is meant here since I did the experiment
of changing a series column heading on the spread sheet to a set
of Greek letters using Arial Unicode Hex Symbols. They appeared
in the chart legend for an XY plot without problems. Is the
problem that Symbol Font does not have Unicode symbols?

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Khoshravan

Dear Andy
Thaks. I have both English word and Greek letters. Changing the font,
changes all of them. I don't have control over part of it. IS there any
solution?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan