Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
pokdbz

Default Date on X-axis question

I have Dates on the X-axis of a chart. I would like the markers or ticks to
be the actually dates. But the way it is now it has the major unit as 7 so
it is showing every tick every 7 days. But if the data skips a couple weeks
I would not like it to show the ticks inbetween. So I just want the dates
on the x-axis

Does this make sense?

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Excel has detected a time series; you want to tell it to treat dates as
simple category values.

1)Right click chart; use Chart Option form popup menu
2)Open the Axis tab; under X-axis, click the Category option box (either
automatic or time series will be selected before you do this)

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme