Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Peterken

Default multiple axis in excel

Maybe a simple question for you all guru's here, but until now I can't find
what I want in excel....
Something I've already seen in hardcopy, but until now not in excel.
I don't know the name of it, but I'll try to describe it somewhat.

Does anybody know how to create a SEVEN Y-axis chart in excel ?
(that is: WITHOUT an X-axis)

What I want to do is:
- I've got myself 2 "variable inputs" which I point out on two separate
side-by-side Y-axis at the left of my chart
- I've got 5 more "solution-Y-axis" on the right side of my first two
"input-Y-axis"
- drawing a straight line through my first two input-points gets me
intersections in the third-fourth-fifth-sixth-seventh axis, which are my
visual solutions of my first two "setpoints"

How can I do such a thing in excel ? Anybody ?

thanks a million....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Maybe you can expand on Jon Peltier's explanation of how to get 3 y axes.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

To make Excel plots with 2 OR MORE Y axes, go to
www.OfficeExpander.com. They have an Excel tool to make Multiple Y
axis plots out of Excel charts.

Peterken wrote:
Maybe a simple question for you all guru's here, but until now I can't find
what I want in excel....
Something I've already seen in hardcopy, but until now not in excel.
I don't know the name of it, but I'll try to describe it somewhat.

Does anybody know how to create a SEVEN Y-axis chart in excel ?
(that is: WITHOUT an X-axis)

What I want to do is:
- I've got myself 2 "variable inputs" which I point out on two separate
side-by-side Y-axis at the left of my chart
- I've got 5 more "solution-Y-axis" on the right side of my first two
"input-Y-axis"
- drawing a straight line through my first two input-points gets me
intersections in the third-fourth-fifth-sixth-seventh axis, which are my
visual solutions of my first two "setpoints"

How can I do such a thing in excel ? Anybody ?

thanks a million....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Peterken

"Peterken" wrote in message

....thanks a million....

Thanks for the answers, but no solution worked as I want it for such an
amount of Y-axis and without any X-axis.

Solved it using Visual Basic and the principle of the "addline" command,
thus creating something of a "virtual chart" by just pressing a button.