Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dharshanie

Default polar plots (add-in)

I've searche dthis forum and found the following link
(http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm) which provides an
addd-in for polar plots. My question is . . . how does one install
this add-in? I downloaded it and opened the doc but don't seem to see a
different option even after enabling macros. Can someone help me pls?

Thanks

--
dharshanie
dharshanie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23673

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Open excel and via the menus Tools Add-ins...
browse for the .xla file

Once on the list of addins and ticked a new menu will be added to the
Tools menu that displays the polar plot dialog.

Here are a couple of sites with a little more detail on installing addins.
http://www.excel-it.com/addins/freea...structions.htm
http://www.dslimited.biz/excel_tutor...alladd-in.html

Cheers
Andy

dharshanie wrote:
I've searche dthis forum and found the following link
(http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm) which provides an
addd-in for polar plots. My question is . . . how does one install
this add-in? I downloaded it and opened the doc but don't seem to see a
different option even after enabling macros. Can someone help me pls?

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dharshanie

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. Managed to install it and find it.

Now I have a problem with using it. What do you mean by "top left cell
of output range"? I have angle data, distance data but didn't get this
last option.

What do you mean by that?

Thanks

--
dharshanie
dharshanie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23673
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547137

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

The top left cell is for generated output that will be charted in order
to create the plot.
Normally an cell to the right of your data with enough empty space for
10 to 20 columns, depending on the options you choose.

dharshanie wrote:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. Managed to install it and find it.

Now I have a problem with using it. What do you mean by "top left cell
of output range"? I have angle data, distance data but didn't get this
last option.

What do you mean by that?

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dharshanie

thanks for that Andy. I have managed to get my plot but was wondering if
there is anyway I can close in on the plot? cos all my data points seem
to be very close to the center and hence i cannot differentiate any of
them. Could I adjust the x and y scale like in othe graphs?