Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gklass

Default custom number

In order to adjust the spacing of a scatterplot line away from the Y
axis, I use a custom number format (applied to the axis) to hide the
first (nonploted) year
on the X-axis scale.

thus I specify the scale with 1959 as a minimum value but use a
custom format like:
[1959];;;;

So that the 1959 is not displayed.

Now, I would like to do the same thing on the other end of the scale,
(at the same time)so that 2002 is not displayed.

But I can't figure out how to specify the formula.
[1959]General;[<2002]General;;
doesn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

How about
[White][<1960]General;[<2002]General;;

and set the font background to be transparent.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gklass

Andy Pope wrote:

Yes! I had tried the white, but I never thought of the transparent on
the axis font. I tried it in the number format [White,White]-- didn't work.

Thanks.
[White][=1959]General;[<2002]General;;