Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nygaard

Default How to get the trendline values in excel 03 direct into cells ?

In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By hiding
values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and the
gradient changes. How can the gradient values be transferred to a cell and as
such be used in further analysis / equations ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph

"nygaard" wrote in message
In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By
hiding
values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and
the
gradient changes. How can the gradient values be transferred to a cell and
as
such be used in further analysis / equations ?

Assuming that you are using a linear trend line, use the LINEST() function.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

For linear fits you can use (SLOPE and INTERCEPT) or LINEST ; see Help
For polynomials and others, use LINEST; see
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"nygaard" wrote in message
In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By
hiding
values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and
the
gradient changes. How can the gradient values be transferred to a cell and
as
such be used in further analysis / equations ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nygaard

Thanks for the answer, however my challenge is to have a 'dynamic'
regression, meaning that if I would like to omit some data points (which I do
by the 'hide' function) I get a new slope on the plot from the trendline
function. How can I get hold of this new slope to be used in further
calculations ? (Or is it possible to have the slope function dynamic, meaning
that the hided values are omitted from the 'x and y's ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ole Nygaard