Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PPP

Default Category displayed as time scale

Hello,

I tried to figure this out for an hour. I have the following data:

Y X
- -
1 10
2 16
3 20
4 25
5 32
6 40
7 48
8 59
9 71
10 90

I tried using a line chart, but it looks like a straight line. I would
like to display it properly like make it look like an exponential
chart. I can do this with the time scale, but it changes the labeling
on my x-axis.

What I would like to do is be able to plot my data as a line chart, but
yet have the X-axis display from 0 to 100.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Try using the xy scatter chart (Value x-axis) instead of the Line chart
(Category x-axis).

It will also make it easier to use the chart wizard if you swapped the
layout of your data so the X values are in the first column.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel