Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mr_teacher

Default Y Axis values on bar charts

hi,

I am trying to create a bar chart to show the results of tests in my
class. I have been able to complete a bar chart easily enough and this
shows the results accurately. I have used a VLOOKUP function to give
the levels the children achieved a numerical value and the graph is
calculated from this

e.g. a level 2a = 1 a level 3c = 2 a level 3b = 3 etc.

IS it possible that instead of having numbers showing on the Y axis I
can somehow convert these back to show the actual levels? So instead of
the point number equivalent it actually shows what the childs level
would be?

Thanks for any advice you can offer me - hope it all makes sense too
what I am trying to do!!!

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Have a look at Jon's page on creating arbitrary axis scale.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

Cheers
Andy

mr_teacher wrote:
hi,

I am trying to create a bar chart to show the results of tests in my
class. I have been able to complete a bar chart easily enough and this
shows the results accurately. I have used a VLOOKUP function to give
the levels the children achieved a numerical value and the graph is
calculated from this

e.g. a level 2a = 1 a level 3c = 2 a level 3b = 3 etc.

IS it possible that instead of having numbers showing on the Y axis I
can somehow convert these back to show the actual levels? So instead of
the point number equivalent it actually shows what the childs level
would be?

Thanks for any advice you can offer me - hope it all makes sense too
what I am trying to do!!!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info