Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kristen

Default How do I flip a bar chart?

I need to have two bar charts that I want to display back to back ( so that
the one on the left's bars go out toward the left and the one on the right's
bars go out toward the right).

How can I flip one?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Kristen wrote on Fri, 5 May 2006 10:05:01 -0700:

K I need to have two bar charts that I want to display back to
K back ( so that the one on the left's bars go out toward the
K left and the one on the right's bars go out toward the
K right).

K How can I flip one?

Would the "values in reverse order" option for the x-axis scale
do what you want?

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kristen

Nope, it's a bar chart (not column).

Thanks though, and keep em coming!

"James Silverton" wrote:

Kristen wrote on Fri, 5 May 2006 10:05:01 -0700:

K I need to have two bar charts that I want to display back to
K back ( so that the one on the left's bars go out toward the
K left and the one on the right's bars go out toward the
K right).

K How can I flip one?

Would the "values in reverse order" option for the x-axis scale
do what you want?

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Kristen wrote on Fri, 5 May 2006 11:32:02 -0700:

K Thanks though, and keep em coming!

K "James Silverton" wrote:

?? Kristen wrote on Fri, 5 May 2006 10:05:01 -0700:
??
K I need to have two bar charts that I want to display back
K to back ( so that the one on the left's bars go out toward
K the left and the one on the right's bars go out toward the
K right).
??
K How can I flip one?
??
?? Would the "values in reverse order" option for the x-axis
?? scale do what you want?
??
?? James Silverton.
??
I'm puzzled! If you go to the chart wizard you will find that a
"bar chart" has the bars horizontal. It's a column chart where
they are vertical.

James Silverton.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Is a Tornado Chart what you are looking for? Jon Peltier gives a tutorial how
to make them: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
GL,
Henk