Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mdfrew

Default Help Comparing annual revenue by week

I need a little help here. I've got a spreadsheet with revenue figures,
which my boss would like graphed (obviously) using a multi line
graph(not bar graph). A sample set of data looks as follows:

Year Week Revenue
2001 3 12345
2001 4 56423
2002 1 6546
2002 4 46546

etc.

Now, here's the catch... they want 1 trend line for each year. So, for
2001, a graph from week 1 - 52 of the revenues, same for 2002, same for
2003.

Any thoughts?

--
mdfrew
mdfrew's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34163

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike

You're just talking about a normal line graph, right? You want one line for
each year, showing 52 data points each. Is this all you want or am i missing
something.

"mdfrew" wrote:

I need a little help here. I've got a spreadsheet with revenue figures,
which my boss would like graphed (obviously) using a multi line
graph(not bar graph). A sample set of data looks as follows:

Year Week Revenue
2001 3 12345
2001 4 56423
2002 1 6546
2002 4 46546

etc.

Now, here's the catch... they want 1 trend line for each year. So, for
2001, a graph from week 1 - 52 of the revenues, same for 2002, same for
2003.

Any thoughts?

--
mdfrew
mdfrew's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34163
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539273

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mdfrew

That's precisely what I want. Walking through the wizard, I can't get
anything even close to that.

--
mdfrew
mdfrew's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34163
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539273

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mdfrew

Anyone?? I get back to the office on Friday and need to help him
prepare this graph

--
mdfrew
mdfrew's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34163
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539273

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph

"mdfrew" wrote in
message ...

Anyone?? I get back to the office on Friday and need to help him
prepare this graph

If your data is sorted by year, select the week & revenue columns for the
rows in the first year (2001), insert the graph (XY scatter), & label the
series as 2001 (or point the series name in the source data at one of the
cells containing the 2001 label), then select the week & revenue columns for
the second year rows (2002), copy, edit, paste special, new series, label
that series 2002, and so on.

[Note that you'll be more likely to get a response if you include in your
message some of the context to which you are replying. Most people reading
your message above won't have a clue what your original question was.]
--
David Biddulph