Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting a Column Chart

I have a column chart that graphs volume data that is provide by one
row(A1...) in my spreadsheet, and a matching second row(A2...) that can
be one of two values that is not graphed. What I need to do is to
change the color of the column for the row(A1...) data point based on
the corresponding row(A2...) cell value. I have seen some examples
provide, but none that address this type of situation.

Any help would be great appreciated.

TIA

mohawk1df

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You are describing a conditional chart.
You need to create 2 data series based on the result of a test on A2, so
something like.

A3: =IF(A2=Value1,A1,NA())
A4: =IF(A2=Value2,A1,NA())

The plot a clustered column chart on the 2 rows. Set overlap to 100,
which will give the impression of single column with conditional colour.

See these pages for further explanation.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx

Cheers
Andy