Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dennis Mac

Default Unique labels in each stacked bar?

I think I found a charting limitation in Excel, but just looking for
confirmation.

I want to create a stacked bar chart to visualize a classic "load/activity"
chart used in Lean manufacturing. It would best to describe this with a
picture, but I cannot paste any graphics (sorry). Basically I would like the
persons name on the x axis, the Y axis is the total time for the stacked
bars. Each person will have 3 to 10 activities (bars) that will be stacked.
My question is with regards to labelling the activities. I would like to
have the labels of the various activities (e.g. A1, A2, A4 is person 1),
(A11, A13, A14, A20 is person 2), etc. Any thoughts?

Crude sample of stacked bar image with label (activity code and time):

_________________
| |
| |
| A4, 8 |
|________________|
| |
| A2, 4 |
|________________|
John

--
Thank you so much for your wisdom.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

You can build your labels in worksheet cells, then use one of these free
utilities to apply these cells to the series in your chart.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------