Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Terno

Default Overlap 1 "sum bar" to others

Hi all.
Title may sound strange but it exactly explain the situation:
I have a table like this:

M F TOT
-------------------
1990 5 10 15
1993 8 2 10
1996 9 9 18
1999 1 5 6

I NEED an histogram with 3 colums (male, female, total), where the
"TOTAL" bar is OVERLAPPED UNDER the 2 "M" and "F" bars.

Is there a way? Excel? Addins? Plug-ins? External software?

Thanks!!

P.S. I REALLY need help (as soon as possible)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

I don't know what you mean by overlapped. The only thing I can think of is
perhaps you want M and F side by side, in a clustered column chart, and the
total charted but under both and not beside them.

Make a clustered column chart with all of the three data series. Double
click the M series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Select the F
series and press the F4 key to repeat. Go to Chart Options on the Chart
menu, click on the Axes tab, and uncheck any secondary axis box which is
checked.

Now you can adjust the relative gap width of the column series to make the
totals columns wider (if you want).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Terno" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.
Title may sound strange but it exactly explain the situation:
I have a table like this:

M F TOT
-------------------
1990 5 10 15
1993 8 2 10
1996 9 9 18
1999 1 5 6

I NEED an histogram with 3 colums (male, female, total), where the
"TOTAL" bar is OVERLAPPED UNDER the 2 "M" and "F" bars.

Is there a way? Excel? Addins? Plug-ins? External software?

Thanks!!

P.S. I REALLY need help (as soon as possible)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Terno

Jon Peltier ha scritto:

I don't know what you mean by overlapped. The only thing I can think of is
perhaps you want M and F side by side, in a clustered column chart, and the
total charted but under both and not beside them.

Make a clustered column chart with all of the three data series. Double
click the M series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Select the F
series and press the F4 key to repeat. Go to Chart Options on the Chart
menu, click on the Axes tab, and uncheck any secondary axis box which is
checked.

YES!! YES!!!

That's the way!!

You understood perfectly!!