Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
A Pragmatic Cynic

Default XY Plot Size of Marker

Is there any way to very the size of the markers on an XY Plot? Here is what
I am trying to do:

Assume the following Data Set

Group 1: A=5, B=10, C=30, D=40
Group 2: A=25, B=10, C=5, D=25
Group 3: A=10, B=5, C=10, D=10

I would like the X axis to be Group 1, Group 2, and Group 3 and the Y axis
to be A, B, C, and D.

For Group 1 as it goes up the Y Axis, the marker on A would be 1/2 the size
of the marker for B, which is 1/3 the size of the marker for C, C being 3/4
the size of the Group 1(D) marker.

In group 2, the A and D markers are the same size, and 2.5 times the size of
the marker for Group 1(B). Marker 2(C) is 1/5th the size of 2(A) and 2(D),
etc.

Is this possible? If not is there a better option (and not stacked columns
which my users cannot adequately comprehend).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Did you try a bubble chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"A Pragmatic Cynic" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
A Pragmatic Cynic

I have but may not be doing it right. How do I get A, B, C, and D as my Y
axis?

If I lay the data out in a table with A2:A5 as the Group and B1:B4 as A
through D, using a bubble chart how do I make these the values for X and Y?
I have tried several combinations.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Did you try a bubble chart?

- Jon
-------
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

For each data series, you need three columns of data: X, Y, and Bubble Size
(in order left to right). Start with one series, select the data, and make
the bubble chart. Copy the three column range for the next series, select
the chart, and use Paste Special on the Edit menu to add the data as a new
series. Repeat for the rest of your series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"A Pragmatic Cynic" wrote in
message ...
I have but may not be doing it right. How do I get A, B, C, and D as my Y
axis?

If I lay the data out in a table with A2:A5 as the Group and B1:B4 as A
through D, using a bubble chart how do I make these the values for X and
Y?
I have tried several combinations.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Did you try a bubble chart?

- Jon
-------
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
A Pragmatic Cynic

Got it. It took a me a little time to get the labeling right. Thanks Jon,
much appreciated!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Did you try a bubble chart?