Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Niyanta

Default Data Analysis Plus

Hi,

I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the
feature of generating box plots with the add-in.
Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box plots
to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered?

If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me how
you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Niyanta:

Here's a link to a workbook I use that has two types of box plots: data by
groups and data by dates.

You can replace the demo data with your own data and the box plots will be
updated. You can also change the chart titles and axis titles to meet your
needs.

While the charts use standard Excel features, not VBA, they may meet your
needs.

http://processtrends.com/Files/box_plot_trend.zip

Here are four additional links to Box & Whisker references.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#BoxWhisker
http://www.lacher.com/examples/lacher31.htm

...Kelly

"Niyanta" wrote in message

I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the
feature of generating box plots with the add-in.
Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box
plots
to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered?

If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me
how
you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Niyanta

Thanks Kelly!

However, I do need to utilise VBA, as I am assigned to "automate" the
creation of boxplots.
I will let you know if and when i am successful.

Niyanta

"Niyanta" wrote in message

I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the
feature of generating box plots with the add-in.
Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box
plots
to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered?

If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me
how
you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

Automation does not equal VBA.

For charts that adjust to new data w/o code see
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

"Niyanta" wrote in message

I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the
feature of generating box plots with the add-in.
Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box
plots
to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered?

If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me
how
you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Niyanta

By automation, I was referring to writing a macro that would calculate the
percentiles, etc, and create the box plots, hence elimination the manual work
of doing so.

I apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding.

"Niyanta" wrote in message

I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the
feature of generating box plots with the add-in.
Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box
plots
to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered?

If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me
how
you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Niyanta

Hi Kelly,

Would you be able to explain to me how to create the table in which the demo
data is stored?

"Niyanta" wrote in message

I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the
feature of generating box plots with the add-in.
Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box
plots
to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered?

If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me
how
you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Niyanta:

The data tables use dynamic ranges so that they will automatically expand if
you add more raw data.

To see the dynamic range name formulas, Go to Insert Name Define then
select the range name. They all use a simple offset formula.

To see how I calculated the box plot factors, just place your cursor on cell
and you can see the formulas that I used.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

...Kelly