Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike B

Default How to Insert a table into an excel chart

After having created my excel chart(graph), I want to add an additional text
box which is summary table which exists in the worksheet. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Is the summary textbox one cell of data, or multiple:

1 cell: select the chart, create a textbox, select the textbox, type = in
the formula bar, then click on the cell and press Enter. (Easier: select the
chart, type = in the formula bar, click on the cell, press Enter.)

Multi-cell: Select the range, click on the camera tool button, then click
where you want the dynamic picture to appear.

To access the camera tool, go to Tools Customize Commands tab, select
Tools in the list on the left, and drag the Camera icon from the list on the
right to a convenient place in your toolbars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Mike B" <Mike wrote in message
After having created my excel chart(graph), I want to add an additional
text
box which is summary table which exists in the worksheet. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike B

Jon,

Thanks for your response. For the multiple cell case. I do not want to "take
a picture" each time the table values change. I would like to have a
"dynamic" update capability, so that when the table values change, they are
automatically updated on the excel chart.

Mike B

"Mike B" <Mike wrote in message
After having created my excel chart(graph), I want to add an additional
text
box which is summary table which exists in the worksheet. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi Mike,

As Jon mentioned the camera tools creates a dynamic picture.
Try it and then change one of the cells and watch the picture update.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel