Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
zaka

Default scatter chart

I am trying to plot multiple color, multiple values, in scatter chart. Is
this possible to do.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

One way would be to plot your x and y values in different series. Then
each series could be formatted to the required colour.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
zaka

Hi,

I tried to format but its not happening in a way which i want.

The data is like this

A1 20 30
B1 10 20
C1 15 25
A2 11 12
B2 12 13
C2 12 15

Due to overlapping of some of the values i was not able to differentiate.

zaka wrote:
I am trying to plot multiple color, multiple values, in scatter chart. Is
this possible to do.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

I don't see any overlapping in the data you have posted.

Which bits of your data should be different colours?

zaka wrote:

I am trying to plot multiple color, multiple values, in scatter chart. Is
this possible to do.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
zaka

Hi,

this is my real data

5 Ability to customize coverage 1 0.471 -6
23 Capability to communicate unit-to-unit when not in system
coverage 1 0.530 12
27 Coverage in rural/remote areas 1 0.455 1
28 Coverage in urban canyons 1 0.460 -41
48 In-building coverage 1 0.576 25
70 No coverage dead spots within desired coverage area 1 0.465 20
86 Size of coverage area (coverage footprint) 1 0.636 61
19 Acceptable level of blocked communications due to traffic
congestion 2 0.464 -13
21 Battery life 2 0.579 68
67 Minimal interference 2 0.595 37
71 No lost connections or application failures 2 0.595 77
24 Capacity at location of a disaster 3 0.506 -26
56 Intrinsically safe/approved for use where flammable gases, vapors may
exist 3 0.456 -50
74 Operational during time of disaster 3 0.522 8
76 Priority access to system 3 0.589 2
84 Reserved capacity for times of crisis 3 0.377 -13
33 Device quality 4 0.719 71

the first number is example number, the text is attribut, third is color
number, fourth is x correlation, fourth is y maximum difference

Just try this out

Thanks

zaka wrote:

I am trying to plot multiple color, multiple values, in scatter chart. Is
this possible to do.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
zaka

Hi!

Thanks for your help.

Now I want the example number to be displayed in the graph. and at the same
time if i select the dot in the graph the attribute is to be highlighted.

Thanks,